From New Media Age
- Lord Stephen Carter admits Digital Britain report overlooked consumer issues
Lord Stephen Carter has acknowledged a lack of content about consumer issues such as privacy, internet neutrality and behavioural targeting within January's interim Digital Britain report
- BBC appoints first online access champion
The BBC has appointed its first online access champion in a bid to get more people to use its online services
- Pirate Bay founders receive jail sentence
A Swedish court has ruled the founders behind file sharing site The Pirate Bay guilty of assisting copyright infringement
From Marketing Direct
- DFS pitches direct and data accounts
Furniture retailer DFS is to pitch its direct marketing, data analytics and planning and content strategy accounts through the AAR, with a shortlist currently being drawn up.
- Partners Andrews Aldridge restructures creative with hires and promotions
Partners Andrews Aldridge has restructured its creative team with three new hires and two promotions, including the introduction of deputy creative directors.
- We Are Social hires creatives behind Monarch's Oculus Rift campaign
We Are Social has hired WDMP's creative team, Tom Bellamy and Alena Miklasova, the duo responsible for the latest Monarch Airlines campaign featuring Oculus Rift technology.
From The Telegraph
- Apple 'interviewing candidates' for mobile payments jobs
Senior executives reportedly approached as company moves ahead with payments plan
- Almost half of motorists admit to talking on phone while driving
Nearly half of drivers admit to talking on the phone while behind the wheel, despite the practice being illegal for a decade
- Vinyl spinning to sales success
We live in a digital music world, but vinyl is a music marketer's best friend